If you are building, remodeling or repairing your home use someone you can trust. Find a member of the Spokane Home Builders Association.
YOUR TRUSTED SOUCE FOR
Since 1947, the Spokane Home Builders Association has been committed to protecting and promoting the housing industry. Serving seven Eastern Washington counties, SHBA is over 700 members strong. We are professional home builders, architects, remodelers, suppliers, manufacturers, and sales and marketing professionals who believe every American deserves the opportunity of homeownership. As trusted professionals within our community, our members continue to lead the way in all areas of home construction, driving innovation, and giving back to our community with one common goal in mind: to make our community stronger by providing affordable, quality residential housing.
WORKING FOR THE HOUSING INDUSTRY AT ALL LEVELS
When you join the Spokane Home Builders Association you automatically become a member of state and national organizations as well. This 3-in-1 membership offers advocacy, education, important industry updates, networking and more at the local, state and national levels.
At the State Level
The Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) represents more than 8,200 member companies like yours who want taxes and regulations limited. The primary focus of BIAW is to educate, influence and affect legislative policy in Washington.
BIAW offers valuable tools to grow your business, such as the Return on Industrial Insurance (R.O.I.I.®) Select Program, Building Industry Insurance, Member Rebate Program, Workforce Development Program and more.
On the National Front
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) represents the interests of home builder members throughout the country. Their team monitors and lobbies on pro-housing legislative and regulatory issues which have a national impact on the industry.
Among the valuable services provided by NAHB are savings programs, educational courses, skilled workforce development resources, marketing tools and more.
The Spokane Home Builders Association is a member-driven organization that works to elevate professionalism in the residential construction industry, provide innovative resources and information to our members and engage in informative, effective advocacy on construction issues to create affordable housing options for the community. We promote, protect and educate the housing industry and our community.
CODE OF ETHICS
Members of the Spokane Home Builders Association agree to observe and are bound by the following Code of Ethics and Objectives.
- Members shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements.
- Members shall comply with the spirit and letter of the rules, and shall promote the health, safety and progress of the community.
- Members shall not perform, or cause to be performed, any act which would tend to reflect adversely on, or bring into disrepute, any part of the homebuilding industry.
- Members shall constantly seek to provide better value so more people may enjoy the benefits of home ownership.
- Members shall strive to increase the efficiency of the homebuilding industry so labor may receive its just and proper reward.
- Members shall at all times contribute their knowledge of the homebuilding industry to the best interest of those they serve.
- Members shall be alert to examine proposed or enacted state and local legislation detrimental to social, economic and political progress.