Sign the Petition
For more than a decade, Spokane has failed to build enough homes to meet the demands of our growing community. As a result, housing prices are increasing at never-before-seen pace. On July 12th, the Spokane City Council will vote on its Housing Action Plan — one we believe is based on out-of-date housing information and will NOT adequately address the severe housing shortage we now face.
SHBA, along with the Spokane Association of Realtors, have created a petition to call on the city council to abandon its current Housing Action Plan.
We believe the Housing Action Plan should:
- Allowing more housing types
- Expanding zoning and growth opportunities, and
- Making home ownership a top priority by reducing and rescinding regulatory restrictions and fees on entry level new home construction.
Sign the letter here. Tell our city leaders their Spokane Housing Action Plan fails to address our immediate housing crisis.
Call on the City Council to take immediate action by:
- Allowing more housing types to be built on our dwindling spaces.
- Expanding zoning and growth opportunities
- Making homeownership a top priority, reduce and rescind regulatory restrictions and fees on entry level new home construction.
If we don’t act now to address the housing crisis housing will continue to be less affordable. With action we can spur job growth, revitalize neighborhoods and increase tax revenues to support our city.
You can read the full letter here.